Thanks to our 4 rescue stations in the capital city of Vientiane, plus one in the southern part of the country in Pakse and our 5 specialised teams, we’re able to reach any accident place within 3 to 7 minutes.
- Our Emergency Medical Service team made of First Responders, Emergency Medical Technicians, and two paramedics can stabilise the condition of road traffic accident victims.
- Our Hydraulic Rescue team to free victims from crushed cars
- Our Fire and Rescue team to fight fires and save victims trapped in buildings on fire
- Our Diving Rescue team to recover bodies in the Mekong river
- Our Excavation Rescue team can organise rescue operations in tricky environments
In August 2016, Vientiane Rescue has been awarded with the “asian Nobel price”, the Ramon MAGSAYSASY award in Philippines. The award “recognizes its heroic work in saving Laotian lives in a time and place of great need, under the most deprived of circumstances, inspiring by their passionate humanitarianism a similar generosity of spirit in many others”.
In January 2017, Vientiane Rescue offered a speech on TED about “Pragmatism is a Passion Killer”
In June 2018, Vientiane Rescue alongside with Thai Rescue teams sent a team of specialized divers and search and rescue equipment to try recover 12 kids and their teachers lost in a cave in the vicinity of Chiang Rai, Thailand.